Low-key, high-energy, challenging and gentle, Tuesdays with Crescent is a 10-week, once-a-week small writing group. It takes place on ten consecutive Tuesday evenings, in real time (6:30 pm to 8:30 pm Central).
You may participate from online, from anywhere, via Zoom, or physically (in Fayetteville, Arkansas). Register here for the spring 2020 course. (Fierce savings for earlybird registration.)
Participation is limited to 12.
In just ten sessions, you shift from anxiety to ah-ha, now-I-get-it, hey-I-had-no-idea-I-could-do-this. You will start (or return to) writing. How good that writing is, and how thrillingly enjoyable doing it turns out to be, will astonish and delight you. Procrastination? It evaporates.
The course is given twice a year, in the spring (January-April) and fall (September-December).
WHAT: HOW DOES IT WORK?
Centered on the process and practice of writing, each class builds on the next and gives writers and would-be writers the insights, tools, approaches, practices and methods they need to grow their work to its individual next level. And, most important, Tuesdays with Crescent helps writers fall in love, or back in love with the process of writing itself.
As you work with your fellow classmates under the gentle guidance of a master teacher and much-published writer, you’ll find, grow, clarify, and energize your voice and ideas.
It is not a critique group, where participants bring in already-written work for discussion and analysis. All writing takes place in class. (If you want a critique group, please see Crescent’s Works-in-Progress group).
You come in with nothing more than a notebook (or laptop), Crescent talks briefly (and in later classes, not at all), teaches a bit, and tosses out a topic. And we’re off to the races.
Reading out loud is optional. There are no grades. There is no way to do it wrong. Click here to register.
WHO: IS IT FOR ME?
Each Tuesdays series is limited to 12 participants. Typically, about half are local and attend physically, and half are distance learners, coming in via Zoom from all over.
This class of Crescent’s deliberately combines writers and would-be writers at all phases, in all genres: beginning or novice, experienced or just longing to be.
There are seven categories of people who typically benefit hugely from a Tuesdays with Crescent series.
- Those who’ve “always wanted to write but” or are in this related category: “I used to write, but…”
- Long-time writers who are blocked, bored, frustrated and can’t seem to find the refresh button, let alone to hit it.
- Those who are excellent at telling stories verbally but lose their mojo when they try to get it on paper.
- Artist’s Way drop-outs or burn-outs, as in “I did Morning Pages for almost three years, then I just got bored with it.”
- Those who enjoy shaking things up, trying something new, for the fun and juice of it; out of the same impulse that might lead them to take country-line dancing, improv, or a wild-foods foraging class.
- Those who suffer from general or writing-specific self-doubt, procrastination, perplexity about their next step — Tuesdays with Crescent shakes up and alters these painful states, whether or not you consider yourself a writer.
- Young writers and would-be writers (mid-to-late teens, pre-college or in college) who are thinking about pursuing writing professionally and want an outside-the-box non-academic shake-up in addition to whatever else they may be receiving
Do you see yourself in any of these categories? Are you tired of the I-want / I don’t-want dance? Then join us. Click here to register.
Tuesdays with Crescent takes place on 10 Tuesday evenings, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm Central. These evenings run for consecutive weeks (unless holidays, illness or bad weather intervene).
Spring 2020 sessions: All classes take place on Tuesday evenings, from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm Central. Spring classes start Tuesday, February 28, 2020 and continue for 9 more consecutive Tuesdays.
WHAT IF I MISS A CLASS?
You must be at the first class, whether by Zoom or in the flesh. After that, while it’s okay to miss one or two classes (because life, as we know, happens), please plan to be at all of them, and make every effort to do so. If you usually attend in person but are sick or traveling, remember you can attend online via Zoom.
As a last resort, you can request via email that a recording of a class you had to miss be sent to you for replay at your convenience. We are able to do this because, since we have distance learners, sessions are automatically recorded (but never broadcast). However, we discourage this option because, first of all, you get so much more out of participating in real time with your fellow Tuesday-ers and, second, it costs us to do this. We’ll do it once for free, but after that, there is a charge of $25 per class.
REGISTRATION & COSTS
The sooner you register, the more you save.
Earlybird: $850, November 25-December 31, 2019
Mediumbird: $950, January 1, 2020 to January 20, 2020
Better-Late-Than-Never-Bird: $1250, after January 20 to January 28th, 2020.
If you need to do any class with Crescent in several payments, please email Ms. Sweetie Berry at email@example.com with the subject line “Payments, Tuesdays with Crescent.” She will arrange this for and with you. Crescent is committed to everyone who wants to take this series with her being able to do so
Click here to register.
Tuesdays with Crescent is part of Crescent’s Fearless Writing™ Classes, Courses, and Events