Crescent’s Works-in-Progress groups, held twice a year, are highly focused, personal, and limited to 6 participants. To get full details and find out if it’s for you, please take this survey
If you’d still like to part of the next upcoming group, please apply here.
Send the following directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line “Application to Works-in-Progress Fall 2019.”
1. A cover letter including:
- Your name, address, and cell number.
- Category of your W-i-P: (if you have any doubt, look at Amazon’s categories of books).
- Your working title (and subtitle, if any)
- Where you are in your W-i-P: how long you have been working on it, whether you have a completed first (or second or third) draft. If you started it and then stopped, please give a few when-and-why details
- The information that you have sent your $30 application fee (see 3, below) via Paypal, noting if your Paypal email address or name is different from the one you are using in the application.
2. A work sample: ideally the first 25 pages, sent by attachment, of your W-i-P. (If you send mid-work pages, please add a couple of paragraphs explaining where we are in the book).
3. Simultaneously, send a non-refundable application fee of $30, to paypal.me/dragonwagon, noting that you have done so in the cover letter.
Crescent will confirm receipt within 24 hours, and let you know if you have been accepted within 48 hours.
On acceptance, there will be a few more pre-class assignments coming your way.
Thank you for your interest.