Fearless Writing™ is Crescent Dragonwagon’s flagship twelve-part writing-and-creativity program. It teaches you how to work with and overcome the inherent anxiety that surfaces for most creators when they sit down and try to actually bring into form the delectable ideas about which they’ve been cogitating, dreaming, and “mentally writing”.
Except there’s no such thing as “mentally writing” — the word for that process is thinking.
At this renowned breakthrough writing workshop, you’ll:
- find your authentic, one-of-a-kind voice — even when you’re not sure you have one
- find your juice — even when you think, “Oh, I’ll take a nap.”
- cozy up to your fears; get rock-solid about how to use them
- learn to “write your way out of it” and “write your way through it.”
- get jazzed and energized, even in these most uncertain and frightening of times
- surprise and delight yourself
- experience “creative community” … in class, but also, even, when you’re alone
- start, and finish what you start
- discover how to write the hard stuff
- experience the magic of practice
- dismantle procrastination; alchemize fear and reluctance into action and energy
Classes are live on Zoom, and include writing, lecture/discussions, and some pre-taped segments — all in Crescent’s easygoing, compassionate, tough-tender personable style.
In addition to our in-person workshop sessions, you’ll receive loads of other Fearless Writing™ resources, including:
- a private group Facebook page for use over the duration of the course
- three months free membership in the Fearlessly Onward Facebook page (which includes alumni from previous Fearless Writing™ workshops, weekly Fearless Friday passed-on wisdom and commentary)
- a password-protected resource page on Crescent’s website, from which you can print out class notes on each percept, information and how-tos on various writing forms, reading lists and helpful writing-and creativity- related links
Unlike workshops where the glow lasts only as long as the workshop, you’ll leave with lasting self-mentoring skills and strengthened resilience.
As you experience how Fearless works, its benefits spill over cornucopia-like. You’ll be better able to walk through the difficulties and setbacks inherent in writing — and in life.
Starting February 26, 2023, Fearless takes place over twelve Sunday afternoons, generally every other Sunday, from 4:00 to 6:00 pm Central (5:00 to 7:00 pm Eastern, 3:00 to 5:00 pm Mountain, 2:00 to 4:00 pm Pacific). A few classes fall in consecutive weeks, including every Sunday in June.
To avoid confusion, be sure to write down all dates in your planner.
Each Sunday, we’ll delve into one of twelve percepts.
WHAT’S A PERCEPT?
An idea that spark shifts in perception and understanding. Percepts have an oh-now-I-get-it quality, an ah-ha recognition leading to organic, ongoing shifts in thought, thinking, behavior, and ultimate outcome. Don’t confuse PERcepts with PREcepts: precepts are commandments, thou-shalt-not kinds of rules. Percepts are much, much friendlier, flexible and individual than precepts.
Here are the complete dates, and what we’ll dismantle on each one, follow.
In addition to exploring one percept per session, we’ll spend time writing, exploring different forms, taught by Crescent in session.
DATES AND THE PERCEPTS WE’LL COVER
- Sunday, February 26, 2023 / In Percept 1, we explore why some aspects of writing so frightening for many people, and what do we do with this fear? We’ll develop powerful new ways to approach and dismantle this fear.
- Sunday, March 12, 2023/ In Percept 2, we look at the ways we stop ourselves, and our reasons. We learn how to stop stopping ourselves, and why we need both accelerators and brakes (but not simultaneously). NOTE: Daylight Savings Time begins today.
- Sunday, March 26, 2023 / In Percept 3, we examine and dismantle the I-Need-a-Guarantee-Other-People-Will-Approve-of-Me Trap. We’ll replace it with something far more powerful.
- Sunday, April 2, 2023 / In Percept 4, we’ll explore a secret which will teach you how to fall in love with the work itself…even when it’s hard and doesn’t seem to be going well.
- Sunday, April 16, 2023 / In Percept 5, we’ll explore how the famous “flow state”. Can you reach it? Maybe; maybe not. But watch what happens when you learn how to show up, no matter what.
- Sunday, April 30, 2023 / In Percept 6, we dive into the Specific Ocean. Here we move from state of mind to craft. You’ll learn how to improve your writing, whatever level you’re at, and write well: you’ll learn the secrets of self-editing, revision, critiquing, and being critiqued.
- Sunday, May 7, 2023 / In Percept 7, we’ll explore how we each have our own material and areas in which we are experts, and learn to find and own ours. “Write from experience,” they say. But what is experience, and how exactly do you write it?
- Sunday, May 21, 2023 / In Percept 8, we look at what to do if your material is or includes hard stuff: atrocity, murder, abuse, emotional illness, war, Covid, death, grief, depression, oppression, prison, addiction. Learn about writing your way through the things you never thought you could or would tell… as well as the challenge of writing happy material in a manner that’s dramatically and emotionally engaging.
- Sunday, June 4, 2023 / In Percept 9, we get it together, learning the simple arcane truths of becoming habitual working writers, no matter how little time we think we have, and how big our fears may be. We put into play the three-part secret of how to get good at anything, including writing.
- Sunday, June 11, 2023 / In Percept 10, we look at the dues of writing, for every craft, every guild, requires the paying of dues. What do we owe our craft as writers? What we can expect, how we can continue to develop and grow? We’ll learn practices and resources that will make our work ever more luminous.
- Sunday, June 18, 2022 / In Percept 11, we look at the whole enchilada; incorporating writing into the helter-skelter of life itself without becoming (as so many writers have), an alcoholic, an embittered person, or a starter-who-never-finishes. Self-soothing, strengthening, and nurturing the whole person serves the writer; we’ll learn techniques that work.
- Sunday, June 25, 2023 / In Percept 12, our final percept, we integrate all this. And we end not with “closure” but with “open-nature” — a practice that is likely to keep you going even after you leave the lovely cocoon of our group and its structure.
Right in your own home, wherever you feel comfortable. Feel free to attend in your PJs.
We are doing this by Zoomity-Zoom-Zoom-Zoom. You’ll receive the link each Sunday, about 15 minutes before class begins.
The class involves over 12 weeks of two-hour classes, preparation, and technical support. The cost per participant is $1750.00. This may be paid in any denomination, in any amount that is comfortable for you, over time. But to entice you to go for a single payment, we’re offering a bonus that’ll save you $250: pay in one payment for $1500.00.
Each payment option has a button, below.
We are sold out
As always you may choose to pay all upon enrollment and save $250, or in monthly payments (described in the format below), or in various sized payments convenient to you that equal the total of $1750.00.
The button below allows a down-,payment towards the $1750.00 with a payment choice of whatever you’d like, to begin paying down the balance. Truly, it can be monthly, in segments, or what works for you: if you want to join us, we want you to be able to attend comfortably.
We are sold out