Left-Brain Planning For Right-Brain People (LBP) is a generous, flexible, satisfying method of working with time — in time and on time. A two-part workshop consisting of two three-hour sessions on two consecutive days, it takes place annually during the week between Christmas and New Year’s.
(Is it worth it? Does it work? See testimonials here.)
(Already know you want to jump in? Register here.)
It is not a calendar, or any of the same-old-same-old time management approaches you’ve heard of or tried. LBP begins by changing how you think about time, and how much of it you have — in your life as well as in any given day or week. Getting a better understanding of the nature of time enablkes you to Illuminate its use it in a way that works for your life, temperament, and commitments — to yourself and others. It’s individualized: for you, by you, with Crescent’s guidance. At its core, LBP is a self-created, one-of-a-kind, infinitely customizable how-to manual for your life. More It is easily individualized — no more trying to squeeze yourself into someone else’s formula. Once you grasp the basic LBP principles, you can easily customize your LBP planner. You’ll be able to fuel, practically and step by step, your biggest aspirations, and make them happen on a day-to-day basis.
In just six hours you’ll dramatically improve your capacity to:
- get things done
- meet commitments to yourself and others
- do what you say you want to do (instead of thinking about it and feeling guilty)
- transform procrastination into productivity
- feel less chaotic, bewildered, helpless
- become more directed, clear, and in control
- overcome overwhelm
- end that powerless sense of “Uh-oh, where did the day go? I’ve accomplished nothing!”
- harness the power of “relentless incrementalism”
- align your goals, dreams, and longings with what you’re doing to get there
- understand planning holistically: in whole-life terms and in the next 15 minutes
- enjoy the passage of time; use it wisely and strategically, in all phases of life
To register for the 2023 LBP December workshop, which also includes three month’s free membership in our private, supportive Facebook LBP page, click here.
For some, the workshop by itself is enough to profoundly alter life for the better (you’ll stop letting other people’s urgent needs continually highjack your own priorities, cease missing appointments, meet deadlines, and say “buh-bye” to procrastination. Houses get cleaned, projects get organized and completed step by logical step).
Others appreciate and enjoy ongoing support as they apply the LBP principles in real life. If you respond well to support and ongoing learning, we offer the the daily option of our inspirational, practical private LBP Facebook page, monthly Community Calls, and three annual mini-workshops. Here’s more about this:
- Community calls: led by Crescent on the third Sunday of each month, these conversations are delightful, providing insight, strategy, and support in applying the LBP approach to your one-of-a-kind life and challenges. Each call includes a round-robin check-in, with impromptu guidance from Crescent and ideas from your fellow LBP-ers. You’ll help and be helped, thinking out loud with your LBP compadres; you’ll realize you are not alone in your struggles and victories, and you will find practical, down-to-earth answers.The LBP calls genuinely turn strangers into friendly colleagues. You’ll look forward to these, and leave each one a little clearer and happier. Starting in 2045, we will automatically send the recordings of each call to everyone who’s regvistered for ’em… so even if you have to miss one, you can still attend/ get benefits after the fact.
- Mini-workshops: three times a year, in March, June, and October, we offer a one-hour live-on-Zoom mini-workshop that is a deep dive into one aspect of LBP. That aspect might be anything from tackling sleep disorders the LBP way, to how to develop habits, practices, and rituals that serve you so that they stick. Topics are often suggested by in our Community Calls. The workshop’s presentation is followed by discussion.
- Private Facebook Group Page: Overwhelmed? Has something time-suck-y but necessary come up in your life and you’re not sure how to handle it? Delighted with a particular page on your planner? Run into a meme or article that seems relevant to enlightened, whole life planning? Have a victory, large or small, that surprises you? Post it here; ask questions here; offer advice here. Crescent, too, posts several times a week and checks in regularly. This is a juicy, friendly page, full of practical information, intellectual fodder, and emotional support.
For the Whole Enchilada — December 2023 LBP workshop, monthly Community Calls, three mini-workshops, and a full year’s membership on our Facebook page, click here. You can pay in advance for the whole thing, as you’ll see ($425, if you do it before the December workshop, $500 after) or in four quarterly payments ($150 a payment, $600 in total). Or, just take the LBP December workshop for only… name your price! Whatever you can afford comfortably! (While the suggested price range is $75 to $125, Crescent is committed to anyone who wants to take it, being able to; just write her assistant, Sally, at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will get you set up, guilt-free at a price that is comfortable for you).
P.S. Worried you might miss a call? Don’t be. Starting in 2024, we will automatically send recordings of these calls to every Whole Enchilada LBP registrant. Depending on the vagaries of Zoom, we are able to do this 48 to 72 hours after the call.
WHEN: 2023 dates
The fourth annual Left-Brain Planning For Right-Brain People will take place on two consecutive days.
Session One: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm Central (4:30 pm to 6:30 Eastern; 2:30 to 4:30 Mountain, 1:30 to 3:30, Pacific).
Session Two: Thursday, December 28, 2023, 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm Central (4:30 pm to 6:30 Eastern; 2:30 to 4:30 Mountain, 1:30 to 3:30, Pacific).
Taking place over two afternoons, Left-Brain Planning’s two consecutive three-hour sessions build on each other. They’re timed to make the best possible use of that weird interval between Christmas-and-New-Years (during which lots of us might be climbing the walls anyway).
Community Calls take place on the third Sunday of each month, at 6:30 pm Central. All those who’ve registered will get reminders a week before and the day of. Mini-Workshops take place in March, June, and October; all those who’ve registered will get reminders a week before and the day of.
Especially for creatives and the self-employed, as well as those in transition (new parents; newly retired people, newwly divorced, widowed, or married people; newly graduated college students), LBP changes things for the oh-so-much-better-and-smoother. It works for anyone who is having a hard time with procrastination, low energy, getting off track, transforming good ideas into reality, finding focus, completing tasks.
If you have a hard time meeting deadlines, if everything from getting bills paid on time, to completing a batch of laundry, to returning library books by their due dates, seem frustratingly difficult, LBP will change this. Between the main workshop, the monthly Community Calls, and the three “deep dive” mini-workshops, you will have a reliable compass with which to guide your life and spend your time with wisdom, satisfaction, and accomplishment. And, to the extent you want it, you will have a small, supportive kind community which gets it.
LBP also timely if you used to have it together but have found yourself thrown off by the disorientation of these peculiarly stressful, upheaval-y and divisive times, as well as personal upheavals (illness, or the illness of a child or parent or spouse or friend; being fired or changing jobs; even inflation blasting your budget or disheveled political realities). LBP will help you reorient productively in the face of uncertainty, allowing you to get your mojo back (as well as to build on all the areas where you already have some mojo).
(And P.S.: even those who are naturally well-organized left-brain persons will benefit from LBP’s whole-life approach and paradigm.)
This workshop is priced on a pay-what-you-are-able scale: $75-$150.
Since Crescent’s typical two-day workshop registration fee starts at $350, this is a bargain … it expresses her wish to get this out there and offer practical support for these challenging, so-much-is-unclear, anxious times.
If you need further financial support to be able to attend, please email Sally at email@example.com to arrange registration. We’re happy to work with you.
Register here: .
After you are confirmed in the class, you will receive information about items you’ll want to gather before the class.
Most items will be things you may have already (favorite pens, an art spiral, etc) but we will provide an Amazon list that you can also utilize if desired. All items are optional, butwe’ll share a few favorite brands and choices.
“THIS IS THE WHY-YOU-SHOULD-BELIEVE-ME VIDEO.”
One more little video about planning, poetry, and productivity, and how on earth Crescent, yes, lil Ms. Creative Boho Dragon, got into planning, and how and why it’s served her.
She made this one in 2020 — but we think it is still highly relevant.